Sunday 15 February 2009

Another Side

I was one of those freaky children who were lucky enough to have Channel 4 when they'd reached that tender age of feverish masturbation and bodily discovery, or sheer unadulterated horror in my case.

Chanel 4, now a haven for How Not to Become a Lardass Bad Parent programs, Jimmy Carr and Big Brother used to be a real television channel. I remember Animation weekends, Renegade TV, Queer Street, oddball films, and wonderful documentary's that worried my parents but made me gleeful in mind and pants, broadening my horizon's like an intellectual Goatse, no I can't quite believe I wrote that either.

Its something that's carried on once I got old enough to go to the adult side of the library and then to the internet when the weird world web introduced me to stranger stuff still. And I like that, I like that the world is big and full of strange ideas, customs, perversions and horrors. Its big and its interesting and I want to know as much as I can about it.

I've been collecting odd movies, programs, books, and graphic novels for a while now and whilst some are well known, others are not quite dragged to the service as cult classics to be discussed on "100 Greatest Weird Film Moments" presented by Russel Brand, but either way, I'd like to share some of my favourites, or not so great examples, and maybe give some free advertsing to those who actually bloody deserve it.
Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment